After retiring I am able to dedicate a lot more time to my art and have been researching how to increase my profile. I don’t want to be ‘famous’ … I just want to be able to use my art to benefit more than myself and buyers. This is what I’ve done to date:
1. Created my own webpage with an original Domain name.
2. Spending more time on my social media sites and have researched how to use social media more effectively.
3. Painting a series of Turtle paintings to support the Turtle Hospital in Townsville, Qld.
4. Completed a demonstration painting at Finite Gallery, which resulted in a sale. This turned out to not be as scary as I thought so I am thinking about doing it again in the future.
5. Taken on a student for one-on-one mentoring and am finding teaching someone else how to paint the ocean is not as easy as it sounds. I’m probably learning more about how I paint than she is!
6. Soon to complete an “Art Talk” at Finite Gallery on 1 April. I am looking forward to doing this to prove to myself that I can!
7. Soon to complete a kid's "Turtle" workshop under the mentorship of Finite Gallery's Director.
Ultimately I would like to apply for an Art Residency somewhere where I can spend some time with the beautiful turtles in Far North Queensland. I’ll keep you posted.
… and if anybody is interested in coming to my Art Talk, here is the link: